Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Negotiating



I have mentioned before about the painful process to get a formal proposal from my company, however when it finally arrived I was not able to negotiate much, it was a pretty standard expat contract and there was not a lot of margin. Basically:
  • Money for a house
  • Relocation agency to find a house
  • Yearly travel allowance
  • Settle in bonus
  • International medical insurance
  • Car loan with very low interest
  • Finance advice for the taxes
In my case I had some constraints to travel with my husband at the same time, so I negotiated an extra travelling allowance for the first months in order to have the possibility to see each other every weekend. This last condition was easy to get, however the amounts of the different standard conditions were very much fixed and there was no option to change a comma.

No comments:

Post a Comment